"Bloomz" is an APP or can be done on the www.bloomz.net website. Follow "New Bloomz Parent" on the directions below.
"Bloomz" will be used for class updates, reminders, fun photos, & event sign-ups. (This is in lieu of the Remind app.)
**AR (Accelerated Reader) is something we start in 1st grade!! IT IS NOT A GRADE, but highly encouraged because it helps tremendously with reading comprehension skills. Please check your books to see if they are AR books at www.arbookfind.com ... Write down the title or quiz number for your child to test in class. TESTS CAN ONLY BE TAKEN AT SCHOOL! **STAR reports give appropriate reading levels for your child.**
- 1st nine weeks = TEACH & MODEL how to take a quiz and practice altogether
- 2nd nine weeks = 4 point goal (about 8-10 books)
- 3rd nine weeks = 5 point goal (about 10-12 books)
- 4th nine weeks = 6 point goal (about 12-14 books)
Scholastic Book Orders -- Ordering Online is easy…DUE: Feb. 28th!
- 1) Go to scholastic.com/readingclub
- 2) Enter our one-time Class Activation Code and join our class. [ MKDTP ]
- 3 )Shop, look through flyers, and submit your child's book order.
- 4 ) Your books will be delivered directly to the classroom after the teacher submits the final order.
*Please remember when your child is chosen as the "STAR of the Week," they are to complete the "About Me" poster, can bring pictures of family/pets/friends, and bring a small, short book for carpet time. You are also responsible for bringing 22 little water bottles on Monday for us to use and refill throughout the week.
Have you paid your Pizza slice? Jeans & Jersey fee? FIELD TRIP DONATION?
** Go to www.payforit.net and register using your child's student ID number. You can easily pay ONLINE, hassle-free! If you have any questions, please call Ms. James in the office.
CHECK YOUR CHILD'S GRADES....
To check your child’s grades or if you received an automated phone call, you can login to the digital gradebook. To find the Parent Portal (sometimes called JPAMS or JCAMPUS) … go to www.caddoschools.org then go to PARENTS tab, and then click on “Student Progress Portal”. If you are registering as a new user, your child’s PSN# is the last 5 digits of his/her social security number. If you come across any questions or problems, please contact Mrs. James in the office.